Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall,
All the kings horses and all the kings men,
Couldn't put Humpty together again.
Have you ever noticed how every portrayal of Humpty Dumpty is as an egg? Where in the verse does it say that he's an egg? Why not a dish, or a mirror or a porcelain doll? Eggs aren't the only things that can break. And when they do their insides spill out. Why do the pictures never show that? Just an interesting, totally non-important wonderment.
1 comment:
Chandra! Sorry that it has taken me so long to comment ... but I do check your blog every now and again. I can't believe Nia is so big! It seems like just yesterday we were roommates ... how are you these days? When does Phil come home? Check out my blog when you have a minute - I would love to hear from you! Take care!
Amy (Call) Monroy
Post a Comment