June 24, 2009

We Made It


We made it to Colorado.  The only casualty of the 12+ hour trip is my husband's car.  Our toddler got a little crazy with the milk she had for lunch from Subway and it sprouted a white fuzz on the dropped cherrios/pretzels/raisins/fries/who-knows-what-else.  Ewww, GROSS!!!  The baby, who we thought would be the calm, easy rider, wasn't.  He was pretty tired of his carseat after our trip to California, so being in it again wasn't his idea of fun.  The toddler was a great traveller, according to her dad and grandpa.

We fit everything that we wanted to bring into our 2 cars.  I kept piling things up in the living room, thinking that it would never fit into the cars, but my husband wasn't a bit worried and he did, amazingly, fit it all into the cars.

We've mostly unpacked the cars and gotten settled.  I'm sure it will take a while, but our baby is getting back on his schedule, and our toddler is learning that the rules don't change when we move (isn't that amazing?).  My husband has gotten settled in the office.  

The weather is a lot cooler here, almost to the point of cold (I've never been one for a lot of cold.  Crazy that I grew up in Colorado...).  And it rains.  A lot.  We haven't seen much of that in Las Vegas.  And it hails.  We never saw that in Las Vegas.

I ran to the grocery store today, and was reminded of small town life, as I ran into 3 people that I know, and saw another that I recognized from my hockey team 10 years ago (I couldn't remember his name, so I didn't say hello).  My toddler was with me on the trip to the grocery store, and in the parking lot we saw a saddled horse, along with the rider.  She let us pet the horse (name Osage).  Apparently, she's protesting gas prices and so is riding her horse instead of driving a car.  Gotta love small towns.  I can't imagine anyone riding a horse for errands in Las Vegas.  

Life is good...

4 comments:

Lhone said...

small towns are the best!!!

The Cox Family said...

I am a little behind. It sounds like you have moved again. But it sounds like it is close to home, that must be nice. Hope all is going well Shirlyn

Dad said...

But if you did ride a horse in Vegas would the valet park it for you? That's the question for the day. It's a question worth consideration. Give it some serious thought.

Delaps said...

So where did you move to in Colorado. Is your husband working for himself still? So many questions!