August 8, 2009

County Fair




It was a fun, busy week. Animal shows every day - horse, dog, sheep, goat, pig, beef. Extra entertainment for the last 3 days. Fun to be had for all. DH* (look! I really am getting to be a true blogger.) tried to catch the greased pig. It was incredibly large. He didn't catch it. But he had fun trying! We watched the chicken ropin'. Not really entertaining. I entered the watermelon eating contest. I came in second in the adults. Not bad. I entered a bunch of pictures. Nothing like it for help in the humility department. 7 pictures. 2 ribbons - 1 second place and 1 third place. I entered a couple pieces of jewelry. 1 blue ribbon (thanks, Elizabeth! Something good came of that crazy Super Saturday after all!) and 1 red. Some granola - another red. My daughter got blue for both of her entries (one also got Grand Champion!). Out done by a 2 year old. Chalk up some more help for humility. It was a lot of fun! Entertainment in a small town. Terrific!



*DH = Dear Husband

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Fantastic Chandra! The picture you painted was so darned country....I didn't even know there was such a thing as chicken ropin'. How'd Claire's picture do? And what the heck does a 2 year old enter into a fair?

Lhone said...

love the pics.