Then I had a baby. And she was fun to dress up. And this year she's been able to do some simple halloween crafts. And I started thinking that maybe halloween wasn't so bad. The night before halloween we decorated pumpkins. DH and I carved ours and our daughter used a Mr. Pumpkinhead kit. Isn't it cute? Doesn't it scream, "Some child created me and likes me?" Definitely not an adult pumpkin, right?


SO WHY SMASH IT????
I don't understand the thinking behind smashing jack-o-lanterns. But when I found that they'd smashed my daughters OBVIOUSLY child-decorated pumpkin I was FURIOUS. Luckily, she wasn't as shook up as I thought she would be. And I was able to salvage the pieces (except for the ears. Why would somebody smash a pumpkin and then steal the ears? I tell you, I'm clueless!). BUT STILL!!! Our neighborhood streets were lined with all of the pumpkins that had been smashed. And I realize that after halloween, the jack-o-lanterns aren't good for very much, but they could at least ASK to smash my pumpkin!
Next year I'll have to begin again to start liking halloween...
3 comments:
Wow. that is awful. Its sad when punk kids try to ruin it for everyone. I don't get smashing pumpkins either. Is it really a huge thrill to see it go to pieces?
So sad that they smashed her pumpkin. It was fun with Halloween this year and it makes me excited for the rest of the holidays. Things do change with kids huh.
Her pumpkin is so cute. I would have been furious, too. One year someone stole our pumpkins. All 5 of them. I remember driving up to the house and my daughter crying b/c they were gone. It's just wrong! :)
Post a Comment