December 17, 2009

Traditions

Being married is an adventure. I love it! Having young kiddos is another adventure. And I love it! The Christmas season is overflowing with traditions, and merging two people's traditions is part of the fun of being married. Luckily, DH and I are both pretty easy-going people (confession: he's more easy-going than I). Merging traditions hasn't been hard. He brought the tradition of having Eggs Benedict for Christmas Day breakfast. Now we have Eggs Benedict for breakfast on Christmas. I brought the tradition of Ham as the main course for Christmas dinner. Now we have Ham as the main course for Christmas. And we have Christmas dinner on Christmas Day, not Christmas Eve (his). And we wait until after breakfast to open under-the-tree presents (mine)(stockings get opened when everyone is up). See? Easy.

This year, N is older. And more involved. It's been fun to begin making "our" Christmas traditions. Like decorating stockings. Since A didn't have a stocking and we were going to have to buy one anyway, we decided to buy the cheap felt stockings ($1 each, at Walmart) and spend some time decorating them (with buttons, ribbon, bells, fabric paint, etc). We had a great time! And after Christmas we'll throw them out and start fresh next year. To see our stockings, click here.

2 comments:

Lhone said...

What a fun idea. I love merging traditions. I think its fun.

Giulia said...

Chandra, the day before Christmas we finally checked the mail (it is not in front of the house, but at the beginning of the subdivision) and we found your lovely gift. thank you so much! it is beautiful! You are talented!
I hope you had a wonderful time this Christmas, say hi to everyone for us. thank you again!