April 6, 2010

Easter

I know that I'm incredibly late posting these pictures, but better late than never. We colored our eggs after dinner Friday night. A was sitting in his highchair, eating puffs. By the end of our coloring, even puffs weren't enough to keep him wanting to sit in the highchair.

We started with these:
Had fun doing this (to some degree. Not all participants were as eager as N to color hands, as well as eggs):
And ended up with these:
As a side note: My brother emailed my mom a link that gave a tutorial on dying eggs with silk (ties, scarves, etc). They turned out really pretty too, though the picture doesn't do them justice. It doesn't have the hands on appeal of the traditional way, but it's a lot easier to clean up! Maybe when my kiddos are grown up...

4 comments:

Lhone said...

wow. what cool eggs. i like that you displayed them like you did too. that is really cool.

Delaps said...

I love the picture of the blue hands and the white eggs. Kids love crafts!

Giulia said...

You are so creative!!! I love how they both turned out!

Piano&Saxophoneman said...

those were my ties... jus' saying... it wasn't just mom... :-)