I have a voice inside me that won't let me be late. Even if I'm supposed to be. In fact, if I'm not ten minutes early, the voice is telling me that I'm late.
I play on a roller hockey league that is never on time. Still, I can't be late. I must be early. This past week, our game was scheduled for 9:50PM. Which is right around my bedtime. Seriously. But I was there at 9:40PM, skates on. And do you know what? The game that was supposed to start at 9:00PM was just starting. I witnessed the ball drop. Not even kidding.
DH says that you're supposed to be late to a dinner party. The hostess expects you to be late. I struggle. So we compromise. We're not early. But we're not late either. We're on time. And when I host a dinner party? I'm ready on time - or early.
My point? I will be on time. Even when I know there is no way the game is going to start on time.

1 comment:
Me too! I am super early for everything. It drives my husband NUTS.
Post a Comment