August 12, 2011

My Latest Project

My SIL and I recently ordered a gazillion bow and flower clips from Halo Heaven.  We're going to divvy them up while we're camping next weekend.  Meanwhile, all of the adorableness is sitting on my piano, tempting me EVERY.SINGLE.DAY.  So I needed a project.  And somewhere to store a gazillion bows and flowers.  Enter yard saling.

"N" loves yard saling - I'm teaching her well.  A couple of weeks ago, I had purchased, for $0.50, a used bulletin board.  My original plan was to use it for school for the kiddos.  But as I was thinking about what to do with a gazillion bows and flowers, my project was born.  I took the bulletin board, painted it, hot glued some ribbon strips, and viola!  I had a place for clips.  But just one thing on our bathroom wall looked lonely.  So I then painted some extra picture frames I had around the house, added pictures of the kiddos in the bath (modest, of course) and hung them up.  I am so happy with the results!

This picture was taken with my iPod.  It's the only way I could
get the entire group into a photo.  Sorry for the bad picture!



I'm ready now for next week, when I can hang my gazillion clips onto their board.  {huge smiley face here}

*The lime green from the bottom photo is the right color green.  All of the green is that color, even though it shows up an ugly green in the others.*

2 comments:

Lhone said...

cool bow board! You are so creative! love garage sales.

Martie said...

What a super cute idea!