February 3, 2012

Baroque Playdough

This is "A"s snake.  He was especially proud of the snails large tail.
There's that part in "Beauty and the Beast" where the clock (I don't remember his name.  It's been a long time) says, "If it's not BAROQUE don't fix it."  I completely agree with him (on most things).  I found a new playdough recipe on Pinterest (so much fun!).  I tried it today.  Not so good.  It started burning in the pan before it was done, and then it was too sticky - because I didn't cook it long enough because it was burning.  And I'm no playdough rookie.  I've been making it for a long time. 

The silly thing, though, is that I found a recipe (it's the February recipe.  I just turn it whatever color we want at the time) a while back that I love!  It smells delicious (which helps  me not gag as much when the kiddos eat it) and it feel smooth.  Plus, it ALWAYS turns out.  So after throwing away a batch of red (from the new - not improved - recipe), we made pink (with the oldie-but-goody recipe).  And it was lovely.  And so was the purple (made from the good recipe).

I know this photo is upside down.  It's right-side-up on my computer.  I don't know what happened.  "N" made it.  Isn't it sweet?

No comments: