September 30, 2012

Girls Camp Crafts and TMI




I've been meaning to post pictures of our girls camp crafts for awhile now (as in, since we got back in JUNE).  Better late than never, right?



This is a magnet board.  Mine turned out a little strange, but the rest were super cute!  Take a cookie sheet (make sure it's magnetic!), spray paint it (either all of it, or tape around the edges.  Both ways look good), and then add stickers.  Drill holes in the top and add some matching ribbon.  Finish it off with cute magnets and start leaving notes!













These button flowers were by far my favorite craft.  Use floral wire and choose some cute buttons.  I have plans to turn mine into hair clips for my kiddos, but haven't done it yet.


We stamped our own necklaces!  Our ward's camp director found a set of metal stamps and we stamped.  The part to remember is to use a sharpie inside the stamped letters/numbers, then immediately rub it off with a paper towel.  It helps the numbers/letters "pop".


The last one (that I took a picture of) was this pop tab bracelet.  It's not something I'll wear everyday (I'm definitely the wrong generation for that), but very cool to learn.










Now for the TMI - The OB says I'm dilated to a 1+!  I've never dilated before, so this is big news.  I've even been having contractions - which is a new thing to me, even though we're on our fourth.  We took a trip to the hospital, but came home an hour or so later.  The contractions weren't strong enough even though they were close together.  Since I was borderline gestational diabetes, if he doesn't come before Wednesday (Oct 3) I'm going to be induced.  So we're definitely having a baby THIS WEEK!!!  WAHOO!!!

2 comments:

mich said...

Yay! Good luck with the delivery!

Lhone said...

Cute crafts! Good luck with the delivery! I hope it all goes well.