January 19, 2013

Wonderment... etc.

Lately, I've been reading "The Ugly Duckling" almost daily.  And I got to wondering, why didn't the mother duck know that the gosling egg wasn't a duckling egg?  And how did it end up in the ducks nest?  And didn't the goose realize that one of her eggs was missing?

Also, tonight at dinner, "N" was talking to DH about math.  And she said that the minus fact sheets were her favorite.  Especially the take-aways.  Riiigghhtt...



A few days ago we were playing with our magnetic pattern blocks.  I give each of the kiddos a bunch of shapes and instruct them to make a design.  Here is what "N" came up with:

Isn't it a cute owl?  I loved that she was able to design something out of a pile of random things.  Love it!

1 comment:

Giulia said...

LOVE IT TOO! :) Teaching at home is the best! Part of the reason why we are back doing it since a month ago and it is heaven on earth (most days) :)

sending love from here to there...
Giulia