Car Town was great. DH and I were both a little nervous. We found them on Auto Trader, advertising 4 used Dodge Caravans, with less that 48,000 miles, for $8000. It sounded to good to be true. And when we got to Lehi, and couldn't find the lot (they said it was right next to the roller mills. Not exactly true. More like 10 blocks from there), we were seriously thinking it was a scam. But after calling, getting the address, putting it into the GPS and getting there, it was a great experience. They had a pretty good selection of mini-vans (dodge, kia, toyota, and chevrolet). We tried most of them (not the toyota. Bad press right now, ya know?). The stroller wouldn't fit in the chevrolet, so then we were down to 2. Test drove them, and really liked the Kia. Sealed the deal (the "office" is in an adorable little house. I would have loved to take the house and make it a house again. Old, quaint, hardwood floors, wood detail everywhere. Too cute!), and went to dinner at Arby's while the kia was detailed. A short 30 minutes later, we transferred our stuff, traded keys, and drove away. They entire process was painless. Even walking away from CJ. He was really a great car.
Today we drove back to Colorado. And we still really like Cloud. And the kiddos seemed happy. A liked being able to see out the window.
3 comments:
welcome to minivan ownership. we love ours. don't you love when dealers don't act like dealers?
Congrats on the manivan! Very much needed :) Can't wait to see J! :) (I don't know what it stands for...maybe in an email?) :)
I continue to enjoy your blogs! hugs from all of us!
This story reminded me of when we packed our (then) three little ones in the back of your car to go to the fair. I remember having to slam the door to squish the carseats together. I'm glad you got a bigger ride!
Post a Comment