January 28, 2008

Community Ed.

I went to the local community college today to sign up for an Auto Repair and Maintenance class. Sounds like fun, doesn't it? The purpose of my signing up was to get over my fear of under the hood. Pretty much I'm afraid that if I touch something, it'll blow up on me. Unreasonable? Probably. True? Unfortunately, yes. And it was perfect. 7 Saturday's for 2 hours. No problem with the babysitter, since there's no school on Saturdays. Right during/after naptime, so the baby would be good for the babysitter. So I went to sign up. After driving around the college for 15 minutes, I finally found the building that houses registration. Great! I load up baby and we get inside... only to find out that community ed registration is in a different building. So we get directions to that building and get baby back in the car, drive to the correct building, park in staff parking (hoping I don't get ticketed) and go inside... to find out that community ed is on the opposite side of the building. We get directions to the right part of the building and go through a maze of hallways. This time we find the right place... only to find out that the class has been canceled.

3 comments:

Lhone said...

Talk about a runaround! That is so sad that they cancel all the cool classes.

By the way, I missed your blog. I have been on bed rest, and I love reading blogs and emails. It is about all I can do while I'm down, so I love that you are posting again. Keep them coming!

Lisa

Marissa Marie said...

I know nothing about cars. I respect your ambition to become a self sufficient mechanic.

Brooks said...

You get an A for effort! Hopefully you'll have the opportunity to take the class in the future.