April 23, 2008

The Beach




We went to the beach last week. It was supposed to be a 2 hour drive each way. On the way there we ran into traffic (for no apparent reason. I like traffic that has a reason to it: accident, construction, cattle, etc. Something to say "I'm sorry that I'm slowing traffic. I'll move as quickly as I can".) It turned into a 3 hour drive to get there. We found the beach and had a really fun time. The seagulls even seemed to think our picnic was the best!.

Then we drove around Historic Downtown and decided that we wouldn't buy a house there (we weren't planning on it anyway, let's squelch all rumors now. There were a couple of cute houses that were for sale and we stopped to get an information sheet from those convenient little boxes, just for interests sake.) They were cute though! And very close to fun shopping centers! Then we headed for home. We found the road we needed and ran into traffic again. This time there was a reason though. The road we were traveling had been closed due to an air show. Which is a good reason, except that we didn't know any other way to get out of town. So we drove around in circles (literally. We were on the same road at least 3 different times) and finally decided to ask for directions at a Taco Bell. 5 minutes later we were out of town. Driving around town though, we found my street. Isn't it perfect?

3 comments:

Lhone said...

I'm jealous you got to go to the beach. I miss the beach. did you go by yourself?

annieandken said...

Looks like fun! It must have been pretty warm if someone was out in the water. That's great! We're hoping it will be that warm soon.

Marissa Marie said...

Sigh. I would love to be at the beach right now. :)