I have recently had problems with squirrels eating my ripening tomatoes. This is a major problem. I've called a couple of nurseries to find out what to do about it and they think I'm crazy. They don't actually say anything like that but you can tell by their voice. The two options that I got were to put a pesticide on the container or put up a cage around it. Because my 1 year old is often around the container I opted for the cage. So this morning I got some chicken wire and I built a cage. My husband wants to name the cage Ft. Knox. I can water through it, but when the tomatoes ripen, it will take two people to lift the cage off. If it keeps the squirrels out, it will be worth it!
June 30, 2008
Bad Squirrels!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have recently had problems with squirrels eating my ripening tomatoes. This is a major problem. I've called a couple of nurseries to find out what to do about it and they think I'm crazy. They don't actually say anything like that but you can tell by their voice. The two options that I got were to put a pesticide on the container or put up a cage around it. Because my 1 year old is often around the container I opted for the cage. So this morning I got some chicken wire and I built a cage. My husband wants to name the cage Ft. Knox. I can water through it, but when the tomatoes ripen, it will take two people to lift the cage off. If it keeps the squirrels out, it will be worth it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Get the pellet gun out. This could mean war! Who will be on the first night shift to guard the maters? Right Chan? Love Dad.
Post a Comment