November 8, 2008

Quiet Book


Against the advice of my good friend (who had made one), I made a quiet book for my daughter to use in church. There are pages with velcro, flannel, animals, shoes to tie, etc. My friend was right. It was a headache to make, took forever, cost a lot and doesn't look at all professional. However, I finished it (9 months after starting the project). If you go online, you can find them for $25. That's less than it cost me to make it. And all you have to do is click a button. And it looks professional. It will probably last longer, too (though I don't know yet). Tomorrow will be our trial run. My husband was a dear and brought up the fact that I would be sad if our daughter ruined it on the first day. He was right, of course.

The point is, listen to your good friends. They're pretty smart people . After all, they chose to be your friend, right? What could be smarter than that?

No comments: