March 13, 2009

He has arrived!

My baby was born on Wed. March 11 (he has his own blog, so no more details here.  If you would like an invitation and haven't received one, let me know and I'll send you an invite to see his blog).  We're now home and getting accustomed to life as a family of four, instead of three.  So far, so good!

One funny story about the whole experience.  When the nurse decided that I was ready to deliver, she sent word to the dr. and got the delivery room ready.  Halfway to the hospital (his clinic is attached to the hospital) the dr. got a call from the other hospital that he services, saying one of his patients was ready to deliver.  Since she was going  with natural labor, and I was on an epidural, he went to deliver her baby first (I had no problems with that.  Kudos to her for going natural!).  So the nurse then de-prepped for delivery, since she wasn't sure how long it would take the dr. to get back to my hospital.  He delivered the other baby, and made it from one hospital parking lot to the other hospital parking lot in 7 minutes.  I'm not sure which hospital he was at, but I'm pretty sure there are no hospitals within that range, if you stay in the speed limit.  He made it back in time though and then our son was born! 

6 comments:

mich said...

Congrats Chandra! I hope you are feeling well!

Lhone said...

Congrats!!! I don't think I had an invite. If I can have one I would love one!

Marissa Marie said...

Yay! And I want an invitation...I've never received one. My email is byumarissa@gmail.com

Amy said...

Congrats! And I would love to see both your cute children's blogs ... amy.monroy@gmail.com. Thanks!

Giulia said...

Congratulations!!! We look forward to seeing pictures! :) we would love to see both blogs...but maybe you don't have our email address because I haven't got any invitation for Mia.
danandgiu@earthlink.net
thanks and enjoy your baby! What's his name?

annieandken said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! You'll have to tell me how the transition to two is for you. I would love an invite to your little guy's blog!