February 27, 2009

Countdown

Well, we're down to less than 2 weeks.  The doc said he would induce me on the 11th.  Wow!  That seems a lot closer than the 18th!  People keep asking me if I'm ready, etc, etc, etc.  Are you ever really ready for a change when you're not totally sure what it's all going to entail?  I mean, we have clothes for him, a place for him to sleep, a baby bathtub, etc.  But does that mean we're ready?  I'm don't know.  I think we'll know we're ready for him when he comes home and there's no turning back.  Not that we'd want to turn back.   But we might find we're less prepared than we thought.  Or maybe we'll be amazed at how easy it is to go from one child to two.  My big wonderment is how our toddler is going to take to not being the center of attention.  She's enjoyed two years of stardom.  Being a big sister might not be as much fun as being the one and only.  We've tried to prepare her, but we'll have to see how much she's really been understanding.  

Note:  When he does come, he'll have his own private blog.  If you'd like an invitation, just leave me a note in the comments and I'll be sure to send you an invite.

8 comments:

Janice said...

Wow...I'm so excited for you! I hope the transition from one to two goes smoothly for you:-) I also wonder how it's going to go for us. Abby is a pretty high maintenance Mama's girl, so I have a feeling it'll be a pretty rude awakening for her, but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised! What are you going to name your new little one? I'd love to see his blog when he comes. I also wouold like to see your daughter's:-) Good luck! I'll pray for you for a smooth delivery:-)

Lhone said...

I would love to be a part of his blog. lhone@byu.net

don't worry about the transition. Just let it come slowly. You'll be great! Good luck. I'm excited!!

Sandy said...

I would like to see his blog. Your blogs keep me update with you. I love you an I am sure that all will go well.

Janice said...

Oh, my email address is janice325@hotmail.com. Thanks!

Lhone said...

You bet you can wait to post the giveaway. I'll send you something anyway! good luck with the kids.

Bryce said...

Chan, please sign me up also or else :')

The Cox Family said...

Congrats the big day is almost here. AS scary as it is, at least there is an end in site. Please let me view your little boys blog and I also want to view your little girls thanks Shirlyn email shirlyncox@yahoo.com

mich said...

Today is the 11th! I hope that he's here and you both are happy! Sign me up for his blog please! Love you!
shel