February 10, 2009

Friends

I really like being in the west again. We're so close to so many of our friends! It's been great to be close enough that people can say, "We'll be in town. Let's get together!". Blogging and calling and emailing are all well and good, but there's just something about talking face to face with people that you know and like. It's nice to know also that they like you well enough to tell you that they'll be in town.

It's a bit weird to think that I left home nearly 10 years ago to attend college. But in those 10 years (and while still living at home, of course), I've met some incredible people. They're not all exactly the same as me, we don't necessarily have the same interests, but we're friends. And it's also funny how the same people can cross paths with you so many times. One girl was in a student ward with me, then I graduated and moved, and she showed up again in my singles ward! And that happened more than once! The Lord truly does have a hand in our lives, directing us to the people that we need, that will help us grow and develop.

I'm happy to say that I'm still friends with people from my freshman year of college, and the years since. And now that I've moved across the country and back again, and as my friends have moved literally all over the globe, we're still friends. I'm so grateful for technology that allows easy and convenient ways to keep in touch, because I'm a slacker when it comes to snail mail, even though I love being on the receiving end.

So, to all my friends, if you're going to be in the area, let me know! I'd love to get together! And to those that have already stopped by, thanks and come again anytime!

3 comments:

Lhone said...

I totally will. thanks for being a friend!

Fenton Family Journal said...

for sure!

Janice said...

I could have written a very similar post. I can't tell you how many friends I've met all over the country that have been such a wonderful support to me. I feel also that God puts people in your life to help shape you into the person you are to become. It's awesome:-)

Wow, I see you are getting close to meeting your new little baby! I am so jealous! Do you know what you are having yet?