May 1, 2010

Chocolate Covered Strawberries

On Tuesday, I was invited to a birthday lunch for a friend whom I've known for a long time (20+ years), we just haven't done much in the recent past (10 years). I was informed by the hostess that she wanted to have the gifts homemade, but felt bad about such short notice, which 1- tells you that you're supposed to bring a gift and 2 - you should be creative and make something anyway, short notice or not. So, since I have no idea how my friend decorates, all my crafty supplies are packed away, I was pretty out of ideas. Enter chocolate covered strawberries:
I covered a cardboard flat with wrapping paper (love double sided tape!), shredded some red cardstock, artistically placed a silver tray that just happened to be available, and proceeded to dip the strawberries! N helped with that part and actually turned out some beautiful berries. Unfortunately, none could be gifted, since she licked off the drips instead of letting them drip! The addition of matching ribbon, with bow, completed the look.
It was an incredibly easy gift, and was oohed and aahed over at the lunch. I decided not to tell anyone how easy it was. I'll definitely be keeping it in mind for the future!

3 comments:

Marissa Marie said...

I think that's a great gift! I would welcome chocolate covered strawberries any day. ;)

Lhone said...

Wow. that was incredibly creative. Totally cute. and, I bet they were yummy!

Lisa @ Pulsipher Page said...

Yum I love chocolate covered strawberries. What a cute gift idea!

Stopping by from MMB.