August 27, 2010

Happenings


I've taken up baking with 2 "helpers". I try to have A watch N to see what to do, and sometimes it works. A loves to eat flour. He will stand on his chair and eat pinch after pinch of it. N doesn't like to share all of the "helping", but she's getting used to it. And we still have a good time. I just have to plan on a lot longer prep to get things done on time. These cookies that we made yesterday were delicious. And the dough was great!
We recently had a BBQ Championship in town. Turns out, they're not all that exciting. Maybe I just missed the point. It was fun to see how far people came to be part of it, though. And this group (from FLORIDA) had a serious number of awards. We didn't try their BBQ, so I don't know if I agree with all of the awards, but it was impressive. It kind of makes you wonder, though, if they do anything else with their lives?

And we got new chalk. Which might seem like a silly thing to blog about. But it's really cool! They're called Chalk Crayons, or something and they're way brighter than normal sidewalk chalk. The kiddos were both colored themselves by the time we were done.

No comments: