October 21, 2010

Yikes!

You know how I blogged a while back about winning a Grand Champion at the county fair?  With my wheat bread?  The recipe that I got from my mom?  She just realized that she'd forgotten to put 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt on the recipe card.  A pretty vital ingredient.  Or so I've always thought.  And I still won Grand.  Oh, and I've been making the bread from that recipe card for well over a year now and I never noticed a difference.  Which leads one to wonder, how vital is salt?  Or have I just been really lucky to not have tasted the difference?  And how bad were the other breads that were entered into the fair?  Because you'd think that the judges ought to have been able to tell that SALT was missing.

2 comments:

BlaineUSA said...

ha!! It was just THAT good. awesome. did you try it with the salt now?

Lisa

Bitter Family said...

So . . . hurry up and post your recipe!