October 19, 2011

Misc.

This is one of my best ideas ever (I think).  I have some bookshelves in my living room that aren't usable as such because the kiddos ("J") enjoy taking things - especially books - off the shelves.  So the shelves have been sitting empty and/or cluttered for the greater part of this year.  After thinking and pondering for many months, I came up with the idea of a flannel board of sorts.  Using felt and sticky back velcro dots, I created this scene to go along with the book/poem "5 Little Pumpkins".  I figure I can change it with the seasons, it's a decoration and child-safe.  

"A" got his hair cut earlier this evening.  He does not like getting his hair cut, so I always put it off as long as I possibly can.  I took the chair outside, because we usually get less crying out there, the cape, the clippers, the extension cord - it was all set up before I took him out (he did not go willingly.  I had told him what I was going to do).  Even though there was a bit of whining at the end, there were NO tears!  I explained what I was doing and what the next thing was every step of the way.  He asked me to turn the clippers off a couple of times and I did.  He looked for airplanes and birds and helicopters when I needed him to look up.  He showed me his feet when I needed him to look down.  I'm not saying he was laughing through it, but he wasn't crying.  And that's a huge step for my boy-o!

Have y'all heard of Halo Heaven?  It's my absolute favorite go-to place for hair-bows.  Like the ones pictured above.  And butterfly wings - because "N" loves being a butterfly.  And is going to be one for Halloween this year (again) and why pay $5 at W@l-m@rt when I can pay $1.50 at Halo Heaven?  I have a serious weakness for this store.  This is not meant to be an advertisement.  I just love them.  

1 comment:

Lhone said...

I've never heard of halo heaven. But, I LOVE those spiral clips. My girl is wearing one today. I think it makes the kids look like a gift! Good job on figuring out how to make hair cuts bearable. My 9 year old still hates them. I know how hard and long that road can be! I usually bribe mine with candy if they don't cry even once!