I have a tendency, however, to forget what I've put into the freezer - especially since it's downstairs and my kitchen is upstairs. So I made a handy chart to put on my fridge, so that I can remember what I've put in the freezer, and know when I need to replenish it (cheese, etc). My method may not work for everybody, but you can take the idea and run with it. But if you make a better method, will you tell me so that I can use it, too?
October 9, 2011
Freezer Meals
I have a tendency, however, to forget what I've put into the freezer - especially since it's downstairs and my kitchen is upstairs. So I made a handy chart to put on my fridge, so that I can remember what I've put in the freezer, and know when I need to replenish it (cheese, etc). My method may not work for everybody, but you can take the idea and run with it. But if you make a better method, will you tell me so that I can use it, too?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
wow. that does sound good. I kinda want a freezer now!
I LOVE this idea! I am going to use it and if I come up with something you might find useful I will let you know.
I also have a very large extra freezer in my garage and I have started making extra meals (also part of my nesting instinct...I gotta make sure the family not only the house is and will be ok).
Everytime I make things like enchiladas, lasagnas, broth (I have stored a lot of homemade chicken broth...VERY useful), I make extra and freeze it.
Also I store different cut of cow meat and pork meat for the winter that I buy NOT from the store but from local farmers.
I am sure where you live you can also find great meat. Can you?
Anyway..this is a long comment! :)
hugs from us
Post a Comment