June 9, 2012

Have I Mentioned...

How much I love yard sales?  This morning I was on my home from volunteering with Bountiful Baskets and passed a yard sale sign in the neighborhood.  I'm a sucker for yard sales and thought I'd do a drive-by.  I noticed they had a 3-wheeled scooter.  "A" has been wanting a scooter.  I decided to stop and if it was in decent shape and $5 or under, I'd buy it.  Turns out, they had 2 scooter - a pink 2-wheeler and the 3-wheeler.  Each for $3.  Ummm, yes!!!  I didn't have cash on me, but the girl was nice and held them for me while I drove home to get money.  Both of the older kiddos were thrilled with their scooters.  "J" was quite disappointed that there weren't three.  

1 comment:

Transplanted Italian said...

Someday I will indulge in this addiction of mine of finding deals like these again. :) This past year's decluttering sessions have compelled me to avoid those wonderful places though. I know I am missing out but I also know I would buy unnecessary stuff, just because I might use "it" someday or it is simply too good to pass up. Here once a month Goodwill has a 50% sale, on the first Saturday of each month, that added to the usual 10% you get with your membership card, makes for a great discount on already low, low prices. I only buy items that are in mint condition or new stuff that comes from the stores, like Target, around the area, stuff that people have opened or returned or lightly unnoticeably damaged or scratched...anyway, you get it. I have found some AMAZING deals. And some incredible birthday/Christmas gifts. I am glad you found those cool scooters! Great buy! And we need some of those around here, they are a nice alternative to bikes.

Long comment...wow. Hugs from us to you all!