
I love pumpkin patches! I'm not sure why, since I didn't grow up around them. In fact, my first trip to a pumpkin patch was when we were living in North Carolina, and N was 6 months old. Now, however, they are a much looked forward to tradition in October. Except last year, because we grew our own pumpkins. Which was fun, except that we didn't get to visit a pumpkin patch, since we had plenty of pumpkins already. This year we didn't plant pumpkins, since I didn't want to miss out on going to a patch. We did, however, have one volunteer pumpkin plant, which produced one pumpkin. We decided that it would "S"'s pumpkin, since he didn't get one from our garden last year.
We found a good one this year! It had a corn maze and tractors galore for the kiddos to climb on and "drive". They had pumpkins of all colors, shapes and sizes. They had mini-wheelbarrows, which is what my kiddos would say was the best part of the whole patch.
Confession: That sentence above that reads "tractors galore for the kiddos to climb on and "drive"" originally read "tractors galore for the kiddos to explore", but then all I could think of was the scene in "Princess Bride" where the giant is rhyming and the really annoying guy says "No more rhyming and I mean it!" and the giant replies "Anybody want a peanut?". So I had to change it. (Maybe it's time to watch the movie again. I can't remember the characters names! Except for the sword fighter, and I have no idea how to spell his name! Oh, and Buttercup and Wesley, of course. I can remember those.)


No comments:
Post a Comment