Do you like art museums? I didn't think I did, but I had no idea where that idea came from. So, I decided to go to the local art museum and have a cultural experience. I went with a positive attitude. There was a picturesque pond with geese on the side of the driveway. A friendly docent inside the museum. A good beginning. Then we walked through the museum. It took all of 10 minutes (that's being generous). The docent told us that there was an outside sculpture walk. So we got a map and went to take a walk. The "path" started in the parking lot, went next to the picturesque pond, and ended, though the sculptures were clearly visible on the other side of the pond. In an effort to get to them, we crossed over the dirt surrounding the pond, found where the path continued, and followed it...straight to a gazebo with a man sleeping in it. We took one of the forks, and walked through beautiful greenery...straight to where the path ended.
I've decided not to base my enjoyment of art museums in general on this experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment