October 31, 2007

Zoo

I went to my first pumpkin patch ever. I think I'll try again next year, because all of the pumpkins were picked. I think if I go earlier next year (ie, not the day before Halloween) the pumpkins will still be in the patch. Oh well. That's not the story.

At the pumpkin patch there was a "zoo". You weren't supposed to pet the animals, but they were fun to see. Especially fun were the long haired chickens, the fluffy clawed chickens, and the balancing goat (my personal favorite). Somehow this baby goat was in the sheep pen. As we were looking at the sheep, the goat jumped into the food trough (empty) and then onto the nearby sheep! Of course, I didn't have my camera out (because really, who wants to take a picture of dirty sheep?). But when I saw the balancing goat, I realized that it was time to take out the camera. Luckily for me, the goat was in a showing off mood, so he obligingly did his trick again. Phew! That time I got my picture.



2 comments:

Marissa Marie said...

Oh my, that's a talented goat. I thought they ate garbage, but now I know they perform tricks.

Lhone said...

that is an awesome picture of the goat! I hope all went well with flying with a baby. I hate doing it myself. You just never know how it is going to go.