May 23, 2008

VIP


Yesterday one of the local army division had their Pass and Review and President Bush came to review them (as far as I can tell, he just walked past them. All ceremony). I'm not saying that I'm a Bush supporter or not; He's the president of the USA and I got to see him. Pretty amazing for a small town girl!

At the ceremony they also had "free-fallers", the division band, and thousands of troops. It was an incredible sight.






Today the division put on a mock airport takeover. They had equipment and paratroopers jumping (or falling, in the case of the equipment) from the sky. Then we watched as they used their training to take over the airstrip.

4 comments:

Fenton Family Journal said...

I'm Jealous! Not necessarily of you getting to see the president, although that would be cool too, but to see all those jumpers and the drills etc...

Bekah said...

That is so awesome! How cool to see Mr. President!

Marissa Marie said...

That's all really cool. And hey, I wanted to say thanks for the well wishes. I really appreciate it.

The Cox Family said...

Looks like that was a cool day I just got to watch Utah make a big deal of Pres Bush being here and how they interupted our programs to show his departure much more immpressive in person I must agree.
shirlyn