I was outside today with my camera in the hopes of taking a few pictures. Here's what I got!!! A bird with feathers ruffled, and then the same bird once again ready to be seen in public. Totally unplanned! But fun. And very cute!
The bird in question here is a grey catbird. I have found some information on it. It says at http://www.birds.cornell.edu/AllAboutBirds/BirdGuide/Gray_Catbird, "...A secretive, but curious skulker of dense thickets, the Gray Catbird is heard more than it is seen. Its rambling song contains imitations of other bird songs, but the characteristic "mew" that gives it its name is not an imitation and sounds only vaguely cat-like." Now you know all about this bird. Keep up the good pictures. This was a tricky bird to catch on film. Love Dad.
2 comments:
You are quite the photographer. I might need to take lessons. You always have some real cool pictures posted.
Shirlyn
The bird in question here is a grey catbird. I have found some information on it. It says at
http://www.birds.cornell.edu/AllAboutBirds/BirdGuide/Gray_Catbird, "...A secretive, but curious skulker of dense thickets, the Gray Catbird is heard more than it is seen. Its rambling song contains imitations of other bird songs, but the characteristic "mew" that gives it its name is not an imitation and sounds only vaguely cat-like." Now you know all about this bird. Keep up the good pictures. This was a tricky bird to catch on film. Love Dad.
Post a Comment