August 27, 2008

Tropical Storms



We've now been having rain, off and on, for 3 days. It's good because we need the rain, but it does make for a lake in the backyard. No wonder we have moss growing instead of grass! I'm just grateful that we're on the tail end of the storm. I can't imagine being on the front end. It makes for interesting days though. Trying to time running errands in between downpours. Trying not to make my toddler afraid of thunder when I jump as the house shakes (not that I'm afraid of thunder. It just surprises me and so I jump). Trying to keep the floors clean. Watching the rain come down in buckets.

4 comments:

Dad said...

Nice blog. I wish we were getting rain. It's nice to see someone getting some. You got 2 inches of rain yesterday (27 Aug 2008). Boy, that's a lot.

Briman said...

I can totally understand. Our rainy season has not started yet, our last series of storms piled on over an inch...

Gecko said...

i will totally trade you chan. totally miss this kind of thing. makes me want to move back to oregon

Bekah said...

I love it when it rains that hard. It is literally the opposite of those dry Utah/Idaho/Colorado rains. In the west, there are huge gaps between raindrops. In the midwest & east, there are huge gaps between air pockets!