We had our first yard sale today. I had some teacher supplies that I no longer need, some furniture that won't fit in a two-bedroom apartment, lots of books, and other various and sundry items. I had a figure in my mind of what I thought we could make. We more than doubled it. And we emptied our house of many unnecessary items. And other people were blessed with our junk. And I didn't go yard saling (?) today, which saved us from adding more unnecessary junk to our house. And a friend from the ward offered to take my teacher supplies that didn't sell to a local elementary school that could really use it. And she told me about a used book store in town that will give store credit for books you take in (what could be better than that?). Except when I thought about it, we're trying to get rid of stuff, so I offered to let her take in the books for store credit (which sounds kind of like I'm trying to get out of taking them myself, but really I just wanted to let her get the credit for them. I would have taken them in her name, except I don't think it would have worked). All in all, my first yard sale was a success.
September 20, 2008
Yard Sale
We had our first yard sale today. I had some teacher supplies that I no longer need, some furniture that won't fit in a two-bedroom apartment, lots of books, and other various and sundry items. I had a figure in my mind of what I thought we could make. We more than doubled it. And we emptied our house of many unnecessary items. And other people were blessed with our junk. And I didn't go yard saling (?) today, which saved us from adding more unnecessary junk to our house. And a friend from the ward offered to take my teacher supplies that didn't sell to a local elementary school that could really use it. And she told me about a used book store in town that will give store credit for books you take in (what could be better than that?). Except when I thought about it, we're trying to get rid of stuff, so I offered to let her take in the books for store credit (which sounds kind of like I'm trying to get out of taking them myself, but really I just wanted to let her get the credit for them. I would have taken them in her name, except I don't think it would have worked). All in all, my first yard sale was a success.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sounds like things are going great so far for your big move. How exciting. I am excited for you guys. Shirlyn
good for you guys. We had our first yard sale not too far back, and were AMAZED at how much we made. I felt bad for taking money for some of it, but one man's junk is another man's treaure!
Way to go girl! Good job! Love Dad.
How awesome is that? What a blessing. Did you have quite a set up? Good job!
Post a Comment