September 30, 2008

Exciting and Excitement

Last Friday was the first time that someone came to look at our house (that's the exciting part). I was very careful in cleaning up, making the house look it's best. As I was doing this, I thought that the brownie pan with plastic blue lid shouldn't be left out, so I put it out of sight, in the oven. At the time that I did this I thought, "I'm going to forget that it's in there and start the oven", but did it anyway. I must say, as a biased voice, that the house did look incredible. Well, they came and left and I came home to get dinner ready. We were going to have pasta and breadsticks. So I turned the oven on and started the water boiling. About 15 minutes later, I started to smell an unpleasant odor. At that moment, I remembered that I'd put the brownies in the oven. Opening the oven, the smell of melting plastic assaulted my nose. I removed the offending pan, and cooked the breadsticks, which luckily didn't smell or taste like melted plastic. (That's the excitement part.)

4 comments:

mich said...

I've done that kind of thing so many times! What did they think of your house?

Amy said...

That looks like something I would totally do ... and I would realize that I was going to do it but stick it in the oven to hide it anyway! Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day!

Lhone said...

Oh, I hate when I do stuff like that. And I do, frequently. I tagged you on my blog! If you want to try it its' fun, just go to my blog to see what to do.

The Cox Family said...

That sounds like something I would do. You just have to laugh. Good luck on selling your home Shirlyn