April 29, 2009

My Garden

I love having a garden.  Okay, truth be told, I love my grandpa having a garden.  His harvest is always delicious and nothing else compares - even my parents garden doesn't hold a candle to it.  When I lived near him, I always enjoyed visiting them and eating their homegrown tomatoes.  Yummy!  Since being married, I've attempted to have a garden each summer.  It has always been in containers.  It usually does okay for a month or so, then it dies.  But I will NOT give up, so we're trying again this year.  Here is a picture of our garden.

We've planted tomatoes and basil from starts, and carrots and cucumbers from seed.  We're keeping our fingers crossed that something will grow that will be yummy to eat!

1 comment:

Lhone said...

I'm trying a garden this year. Wish me luck. I don't know what I'm doing :)