I started a spring sensory bin for my kiddos. I used sunflower seeds for the filler and had a TON left. So, not wanting to it to go to waste, I bought a bird feeder last Saturday. We immediately hung it up and the kiddos watched for birds. I explained to them that it would take a while for the birds to know that we have food for them. Today, they came! I don't know what kind they are, but the male (?) has a touch of red on his head and chest. The female (?) is all brown. At one point, there were 4 of them in our tree! Hooray for sunflower seeds!


3 comments:
I forget you're in Utah too! We should definitely meet up and do something fun with the kiddos! (But it might not be until after this baby is born in 2 months ... 2 months, wishful thinking.) Anyway, I need some ideas from you for activities for the 2 year old. Now that I'm at home with her and have a *little* bit more energy we need some ideas ... got any blogs or anything for me to check out? Thanks in advance!!!
you are so good to think to do that for your kids. its so fun to watch birds!
Cool! Good idea! Maybe they are red-headed finches?
Post a Comment