October 23, 2008

State Fair 2008


We went to the State Fair yesterday. I've become a big fan of state fairs (this was my third one). It's so much fun to see all of the cool exhibits, like the giant pumpkins and watermelon, a real life pineapple plant, a man standing in a bee cage surrounded by bees, the animals, etc. I also think the carnival game people are fun to watch. I try to imagine what kind of life they led that brought them to this point in their lives. How many people grow up thinking, "When I grow up, I want to be a carnival game man (or woman)?" The food vendors are great, too. Where on earth could you get so much fried food? My personal favorite is the funnel cake. I'm not brave enough to try some of the others (deep fried snickers, twinkies, oreos, etc), even if I did eat chocolate. We had a good time. There were things for the little ones to do, and we got to see what we wanted to. What could be more perfect?

3 comments:

mich said...

Didn't we go to the state fair to see the pictures you entered?

PS. Yes, we were in DC, and yes I took the pics. Fun, huh!

Lhone said...

I agree. I love the wholesomeness of fairs. It's just getting back to the basics. I was brave enough to enter our county fair. I didn't win anything, but totally fun.

Fenton Family Journal said...

deep fried twinkies are soooo good!