January 1, 2009

New Year's Resolutions


Today is New Year's Day. The day when people around the world make specific resolutions to do/be better in the next year. As it goes, they are generally said to be forgotten by the end of January, if not sooner. I, for one, am one of those generalities. Sad but true. However, this year, one of my resolutions is to remember and work on my resolutions (if that makes sense). But how does one remember one's resolutions to work on them? That is the question that I'm asking those who read this blog. Whether you're a regular reader or just happened to read this by linking from person A to person B to person C and thought it looked interesting (I know you're out there!), please leave comments on how you remember your resolutions past January. I need your help!

5 comments:

Lhone said...

I use write a list, and then post it on the fridge until it becomes a habit. Then, I change my goals. Some i have heard put their list into their scriptures as a book mark, or at the beginning of the book. Good luck!

Marissa Marie said...

Yeah, gotta write it down. I don't have any resolutions yet, not really, got any suggestions? :) I hope your new year is AWEsome!

mich said...

I have this goal to review my goals once a week on Sundays. I'll have to let you know if it works! happy new year!

Fenton Family Journal said...

Hahahaha. I gave a talk on that last Sunday... They definitely need to be written down and made visible to you - if they are personal, keep them somewhere you will see them EVERYDAY. Then review your progress regularly, whether it's once a week, once a month or semi-annually. Good Luck. Love you Chan!

Bekah said...

I try to make as little goals as possible. Find a point in your day where you can work on them so they become a habit. Then publicize them as much as personally possible. The more people that know, the more people can help remind you, or that you can share your progress with. Then, it's a team effort!

Oh, and rewards and competitions can help, too.

(I know that if they are very personal, they may not be shared with the world, but the idea may give you some thoughts of your own).

Love,
Bekah